What is this Laneige Bb cushion?The Laneige BB Cushion (Pore Control) is a new, cushion-type BB cream that has multiple skincare properties “Pore purifying BB Cushion for a fresh-looking and semi-matte complexion all day” .
Some of the special points below.
I’m sorry if the last few points were a direct copy from the picture below but I thought they did a great job explaining so, why not copy 8D?
- 1 - Contains SPF50+ PA+++, this high SPF amount means you can do without sunscreen. Strong protection!
- 2 - Utilizes a revolutionary cushion mechanism with 800,000 pores (the cushion thing where you get your bb cream from). The mechanism helps disperse the bbcream onto the customized puff in extremely fine sprays. When the puff is used correctly (in a patting/stamping motion), better adherence and hydration is achieved.
- 3 - The customised puff is an Air-cell puff that can instantly absorbs the moisture and transfers moisture onto the surface of the skin.
- 4 - Pore Purifying Complex ™ purifies pores and protects skin against pore trouble
- 5 - Excellent coverage of pore and skin bumps with soft focus powder which diffuse light.
- 6 - Semi-matte finish. Product has a powerful dual powder formula of anti-darkening and sebum control powder regulates shine for a fresh and supple-looking complexion.
- 7 - Water-resistant. Strong resistance against perspiration and sebum for long-lasting Make-up
- 8 - Soothing effect. Fresh cooling sensation instantly cools the skin surface to refresh and soothe fatigued skin.
So you guys know i attended the awesome AB Mezical fiber event which Taiwanese Celebrity Makeup artist Mr Kelvin graced. Japalang Pte Ltd was nice enough to let each blogger walk away with a bag full of AB products and I'm here to share my experience with them. Sorry for being so slow!
Automatic Beauty is a Japanese Beauty Brand under Dear Laura Inc.. This Brand focus primarily on makeup products for creating natural looking double eyelids. As of current, they have a range of 6 products and it comes in a variety of materials such as fiber, rubber, liquid, and tape.
Mr Kelvin informed us during the event that he had chosen to work with AB eyelid tapes (amongst the multitudes of double eye tape brands) because he personally endorses the quality of the product and approves of the way QC is being done for this product. Other than making sure the eyelid tapes work, AB also tested vigorously to ensure that even with multiple uses of sticking on and peeling off , the product would not cause any discomfort to the wearer. Producing safe and quality products that works was the brand objective.
In this entry, I'm using the Single Eye tape ( Yellow Box) which is sticky only on one side; much like traditional double eyelid tape. Each product comes in a cute and sturdy plastic box that I will totally re-use for other makeup stuffs 8D. Inside the box is 4 sheets of the pre-cut eyelid tapes ( 80 pieces in total ) and a small Shaping stick .
Product info: http://k-palette.net/ebmascara/
In my opinion, one of the often most neglected part of makeup is making sure the colour of your eye brow matches your hair. There's nothing quite as jarring as a head of light hair with black brows (unless you are Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones or someone equally gorgeous xD) . I admit, I'm guilty as charged too. It's not that I don't know about the problem, i just find it a hassle to tackle on normal days.
If you've seen my makeup videos, you would see me using concealer, powder, elf eyelid primer (yes.), more concealer, more powder, eyeshadow and more eyeshadows to change the colour of my brows. I feel tired just typing that out, what more doing it on normal days =_=! It's not that I'm not aware of brow mascara previously, I was just too much of a scrounge to get it haha!
But thanks to Japalang Pte Ltd, i finally have a chance to try it! This product was given to me by Japalang Pte Ltd for review. This however does not affect my opinions on the product.
Relle from Japalang was generous enough to give me both shades to try! Cool! Now, I can use the lighter one for Cosplays :D
Anyway, on the last day of my trip, I went shopping around Shilin area since it was literally where my hostel was (read my hostel review here). Most of the shops were not opened yet except for Bubble Tea shops and Drug stores =( . Anyway, cut my bullshit short, the drug store was having a 1 for 1 promotion so I bought 2 box of Taiwan facemasks!
Photo credit: SexyLook Singapore
I don’t quite know how , but I am currently in possession of 8 (and growing) eyeliners. So I decided to put them to the test and see how they fare against a smudge, water and oil test! I will also share my personal experience and opinions about each product.
I went to Taipei (Taiwan) for a short 4d3n stay last month and stayed at The Fun Hostel Taipei. This is my review of the place. Fun Hostel has a few branch around Shilin area so don't get confused by the different address.
Name: Fun Taipei Hostel
Address: No.5, Xiaobei Street, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan
Tel: +886-2-28881112 (Overseas), 02-2888-1112 (Domestic), 2888-1112 (Public phone in Taipei City)
Room type: Dormitories. Bunk beds in separate rooms.
Nearest MRT: Shilin MRT
Nearby attractions: Shilin Night Market & National Palace Museum (via bus)
I stayed in Smile Asagaya Hotel during my Spring Tokyo trip and had a very good experience there.
Address: 3-37-11, Asagaya-minami, Suginami-ku, Tokyo 166-0004, Japan
Contact : TEL：03-3220-8755/ FAX：03-3220-8766
I stayed alone in their single room for 4 nights. As that was the only room type I had access to, my review will solely focus on that.
The rooms are really small and only absolutely necessary walking space is allocated. However, being in space constrained Tokyo, that is something to be expected. I am a petite Asian girl and I find the space comfortable enough for a single adult. However friends of heavier volume might find it difficult to manoeuvre around.
The room includes the basic amenities such as
- A small fridge
- Cup and water boiler
- 1 Complimentary green tea sachet that is refilled everyday
- Telephone (I did not try calling out)
- Television with remote control
- Air conditioner / heater
- Small 1 door cabinet with 2 hangers
- A bathing robe/nightgown
- Disposable slippers
- Air freshener spray
- Single bed with 1 pillow and blanket
- A wooden chair
- Shower and bathtub
- Complimentary shower soap, shampoo and conditioner.
- Complimentary vanity pack (shower sponge, comb, toothbrush & toothpaste)
In front of level 2's lift is a metal rack with pillows that hotel guests can freely take to their room. Staying in level 2 itself meant I quickly grabbed a buckwheat pillow for myself the first day I checked in :D .
The bed was a simple mattress with pillow and thick blanket but man, it was SO COMFORTABLE!
The mattress was soft but not too soft and was at the right density for both comfort and good spinal support. The buckwheat pillow also gave the sleeping experience additional points as not only does it smell heavenly, it also felt very good on my neck.
I tend to feel anaemia easily so I always have to sleep with a high enough pillow. If I don't, I wake up with massive headache. I might have to say the bed and pillow is probably the best of all hotels/hostels I've tried, beating even 5 star hotels.
There is additional comforter in the top cabinet.
The toilet is tiny and feels a little cramped even for someone as small as me. However the basic amenities are in place.
There are hot and cold water for shower and at the wash basin. Complimentary vanity items such as toothbrush, tooth paste, shower sponge and comb are provided.
Much like most of Tokyo, the hotel also provides automated toilet bowls.
Everything looks clean and new. Nothing to jump about ;)
Absolutely in love with the location! The nearest JR station is JR Asagaya Station. And any hotels near a JR station is good for tourists!
On first look, Asagaya looked like an unfamiliar place for a tourist to stay in. But it is actually only 5 JR Train stations away from Shinjuku.
The hotel is a comfortable walking distance (5 minutes walk) from JR Asagaya train station and the area is a bustling little suburb by itself. Being an area where local Japanese reside in, the area is filled with restaurants, cafes, super markets, grocery shops and drug stores. Things there are generally more affordable too.
I bought most of my souvenirs from budget stores or candy stores around Asagaya (Alert: cheapskate! LOL) . I bought a lot of Japanese chocolates back as souvenirs for my family and friends xD
The counter service is available 24hours a day, which is good of course. The hotel requires all guest to leave their room keys at the counter before going out. When they return, the Hotel guests will pick up their room key by telling the staff their room number.
To be honest I find this arrangement highly insecure. No form of identification was required to pick up the keys. What if some stalker decides to try something funny?
The hotel staffs I came in contact with were all very helpful and friendly. Deep conversations in English would be difficult but simple directions and usual travelling questions would not be a problem there.
One of the staffs even kindly printed out a train map and wrote down travel instructions for me! Highly impressed and touched ;)
Overall, I must say I am very pleasantly surprised by the hotel. Other than the ‘key pickup’ part which made me felt a little insecure, I really enjoyed my stay with them.
The hotel has relatively new furniture, is clean, well maintained , reasonably priced and well located. I honestly cannot ask for more!
Was invited to attend the AB Double eyelid tape launch event at Sasa last Saturday and had so much fun! Guest of the day was Mr Kelvin from Taiwan. I’m sure Mr Kevin needs no introduction to any Asian girl who’s interested in beauty.
Edit: AB Singapore has started a mini competition for you guys to take part! Stand to win the full range of AB products, $150 cash and Kevin 老师’s autographed poster. More details below!
Kevin sensei is a Taiwanese celebrity makeup artist ; he is a regular guest on one of Taiwan’s most popular and evergreen Beauty TV program ( Nu Ren Wo Zui Da 女人我最大) and He has endorsed countless beauty products. Being such a leader in the beauty world, it’s nothing short to say he would only recommend the best products
The stage event lasted for near an hour but not a moment went past dull for Kevin Sensei’s experience, talent and amiable personality worked like a charm on everyone. Being so used to the stage and sharing about Makeup, this guy probably has makeup and art blended into his very blood.
I reviewed the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Peri’s Lip Tint! I must admit, this is my first Matte lip stick and Lip Tint and I feel pretty excited about them 8D
Name: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Bought from: Watsons x SMoochiez
My Colour: Tokyo
- Matte finish & pastel coloured.
- Very pigmented. Colours comes off exactly like how it looked in the tube
- Has a total of 22 shades! That means a lot of colour options
- Affordable. Ok, to me, this is not cheap because the local distributors marked up the price a lot more and I had to get it at $16.90 each. But for those of you who can get it at $6 (According to the website), lucky you!!
- Tokyo is such a natural and complimenting colour for me! Looks like I don’t have much lip product on
- Slightly dry for sensitive lips like mine. I have to make sure I apply a good layer of lip balm (and let it stay on the lip long enough to be absorbed) before using it. To be fair, I always have dry lips and I constantly need to reapply lip balm; so it could just be my lips. For those of you with normal lips, you will be happy to know this product isn’t provokingly dry :D
- Dryness tends to emphasize and settles into the lines
- Does not last as well as I would like to. I’ve worn this to a couple of Photo-shoots and found the colours either don’t last or doesn’t really show up on photographs. Then again, It could be me licking my lips/eating too much or because Tokyo is such a natural looking colour that it blends in.
I like it ! Despite the cons I said, I still like it. I look forward to slowly acquiring more of it!
Name: Peri’s Tint Water (6.5ml)
Bought from: Qoo10
My Colour: 01 Cherry Juice
- Stains instantly
- Good pigmentation
- You can layer the colours
- Relatively long wearing and waterproof. However it will not withstand a meal
- Very affordable!
- Easy to use
- Multi purpose. You can use this as a cheek tint too
- Cute packaging
- Dries too fast so you have to blend it out very fast
- Wears off patchy.
Again, I actually like it. I’ve only always used this for the ombre lip look, so my review might not be entirely fair to this product. But as a stain with a water texture, I like how flexible it can be used. I can overlay it on top of another lipstick for the ombre effect, I can use it by itself as a lip stick or I can use it to modify the colour of another lipstick. I can also use this as a blush!