Aug 8, 2017

Review: The ORCHID Skin Orchid Flower Aqua UV Sun Gel SPF30 PA++ 5

Name: The Orchid Skin Sun Screen SPF 30 PA++
Price: $40 for 3 ( 60 ml)
Rating: 2.5/5

Weblink: Qoo10


Packaging

A simple squeeze tip bottle with The Orchid Skin's trademark illustrated girl printed on top of it . The shape of the bottle is simple, cute and classy . Getting the product out is a breeze.


Price:

Priced at $13.33 each, it is very affordable when you buy them in bulk. They often run bundle promotions in their stores. If they refuse to give you a discount for purchases lesser than whatever quantity they've set up, just walk away and see if they won't run after you with a counter offer. I'm pretty sure that will work heheh. In fact, that's how my colleague managed to get three for $40 when they were initially selling it as a half dozen set.


The Orchid Skin is currently only available in South Korea. They have a Webstore to provide home delivery of their products but it's in Korean and I have no idea if they ship out of South Korea. So that's a down side.

Texture & Application:

The product comes in a white, opaque liquid gel form. The consistency feels liquidy but holds it's shape very well and blends into the skin without a trace. Blending the product is as easy as blending a light weight lotion that gets absorbed in no time.



Effect:

It feels extremely light and moisturizing with hardly a touch of greasiness on the skin.


Unlike physical sunscreens, chemical sunscreen leaves no hint of a white cast. And this product is most definitely a chemical sunscreen.


Conclusion and Blahblah session :

My first impression of this product couldn't be any better. It was so easy to blend and felt so light on my skin it was like a God sent! I was running out of sunscreen that was also from The Orchid Skin and since I had such a good impression of the previous sunscreen, I didn't hesitate to get three of these at a go. I said 'I' but the truth is my colleague lugged them back for me during his holiday in the land of Kimchis.


I've been using this for nearly half a year and I'm probably half way through one bottle.



Despite my extremely positive impression of this product the first few weeks and even up to months, I have to admit that I've since dropped this entirely.

I dropped it simply because I realise it was breaking me out. Yes, this lightweight and "not greasy" thing is breaking me out like I don't know what! And I only knew it after I introduced COSRX's AHA/BHA clarifying Toner and AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid into my routine. On top of that, I also went back to using b'liv's Off With Those Heads to no avail. I just keep. breaking. out!
It's roughly been a month since I stopped using it. And while my skin still gets the occasional bumps (I suspect they are comedones ) and is still working on healing the old pimples, things are definitely a lot better than they were.

Now don't get me wrong, I understand my skin's a little different from many people. I've been breaking out non-stop from serums I used to use and serums that's new. Even Argan oil aggravates my acne production. So yes, I understand my skin is really acne prone and gets clogged like nobody's business so I'm a special nugget here.

The product clogged my pores after prolong usages and broke me out. Henceforth, I can only give it a 2.5 stars out of 5 because I absolutely hates breaking out. If you're not the sort who's extremely acne prone, you might want to give this product a try as it is a pretty impressive otherwise.

No comments: