Apr 5, 2014

Qoo10 Review: TrendFactory mini handbag

Item name: OB041 Korea style candy color shoulder bag mini bag handbag messenger bag cross bag 6 color
Bought from : trendfactory
Price: $18.00 - $3.10 (discount) = $14.90 (final price)
Rating:  4/5

 

IMG_1302

Shipping

 

Ordered on the 24th March and received it on 3rd April. Took around 9 working days to arrive from Korea.

 

Product came wrapped in grey black plastic envelope.  The bag is wrapped with a thin layer of cotton and plastic. Inside the bag is scrunched paper to help it hold it's form. Nobody was at home when they delivered so the delivery guy stuffed the package into this gap within my main door and the iron gate. That probably crushed it a little and caused that stress line on the left of the bag. But oh well, at least I got my bag and it doesn't require me to pick it up from the post office or something.

 

Product Quality

 

The quality of the leather is smooth and feels good on the touch. My favourite part is the fact that the colour looks exactly like the photos!  Dull light khaki ^_^b

 

 

IMG_1315

 

The inner lining is dark brown fabric that feels thin, rough and papery on the skin, not exactly thrilled. The inner zip also feels a little brittle, I hope it doesn't wear out before the bag does.

 

IMG_1305

 

 

The rose gold coloured zips and handle buckle-thingy looks sleek and doesn't weight a lot unlike some bag accessories. In fact, much to my relief, the entire bag was very light! The zips,  like all inexpensive bags tends to be a little hard to zip up. But that can easily be fixed by rubbing some candle wax along the teeth of the zip.

 

 

IMG_1311
Size comparison of the bag alongside a Samsung Note 3

 

Even though the bag had been squashed from the shipping, it managed to bounce back and stand on it's own with a bit of straightening. I guess that means the pleather itself has a pretty rigid form. That said though, the bag is soft and not at all as stiff looking as the commercial photographs look.

 

I'm going to turn this into a girly camera bag so I'll be adding hard foam backings and all. And after I'm done this baby will look even more rigid xD

 

 

Workmanship

 

The workmanship is average at best but well, you get what you paid for. There were many loose threads and the seam around the back zip has come off at one of the corner.

 

 

IMG_1298

 

I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Maybe I'll glue the threads down to the pleather with superglue or something because if that thread continues to run the zip would eventually come off.

 

IMG_1314

 

As promised by the seller, there are indeed embossed English words on the front. The words however are just gibberish.

 

Overall

 

IMG_1316IMG_1317

 

The loose threads around the zip can be an annoying problem but other portions of the bag are acceptable for $14:90. Overall, I’m still a happy buyer and would definitely recommend someone to buy this bag as long as the total cost doesn’t go beyond SGD$15 (The price fluctuates ).

2 comments:

Lili/chiiyo said...

I bought the same bag off the same seller, but in red! How is the bag two months on?

It's currently at $9.90 because of GSS, I figured even if it's a lousy bag $9.90 is hard to beat and I needed a red sling bag anyway.

Kaika ( aka Elpheal) said...

chiiyo: It's going fine except the loose threads are becoming a bit more loose LOL. It's my DSLR camera bag now xD