Apr 24, 2013

How I treat my pimples

I'm here with an entry on treating pimples on the face. 



I've always struggled with acne and while I have not totally won the battle yet ( they still come back occasionally and stay very long!) I found out that by following this routine , my skin has become a lot more manageable. 







Firstly , to set your mindset straight. If you've always struggled with bad skin or you want better skin then you must be prepared to be commit to taking care of your skin. To have healthy skin is not easy ( unless you're born with them !) . The most important thing about taking care of your skin is ensuring they are clean and well hydrated. 

I always wash my face with a cleansing sponge like this because it helps to clean the face better. I also cut a hole through my sponge and let it hang through a suction hook in my toilet. This is to ensure the cleanliness of the sponge and to prevent it from getting mouldy. The sponge can usually last me for 3 months before they wear out. 


Then like I mentioned in the video, I apply a generous amount of benzoyl peroxide RIGHT ON TOP of the spot and then stick cosmetic tape over it. If you can’t find those tape, you can subsitute it with Plasters… but tape is cheaper xD.


It pretty much works like those commercial Acne Care stickers but cheaper. I usually only do this at night because it is obviously sexy enough for the street. 

Like I mentioned in the video , benzoyl peroxide works by burning the bacteria in our pimple away. And while that's good for treating pimple, it can be detrimental for normal/ unaffected skin. If you’re not careful, the benzoyl peroxide can burn and hurt your delicate skin. Which is why I use the cosmetic tape to keep the medication on top of what it is supposed to heal and not anywhere else.
I've had a few personal experience where by I was so oblivious to how my skin was reacting to the benzoyl peroxide and kept piling the product on even though my skin was crying out in dryness. My skin eventually "broke down" and I started going into this allergy reaction condition on my face and neck. My face and neck became SO DRY and red and bumpy and painful. Everything I applied on my face would cause it to react and become red. Even products that I have been using peacefully for the past few years would make me cry out in pain! Literally ! It took my face well over half a year to recover =(

Anyway I hope you guys found this video useful, please subscribe to this other Youtube Channel of mine for more girly/skincare videos!







No comments: