I reviewed the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream & Peri’s Lip Tint! I must admit, this is my first Matte lip stick and Lip Tint and I feel pretty excited about them 8D
Name: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
Bought from: Watsons x SMoochiez
My Colour: Tokyo
- Matte finish & pastel coloured.
- Very pigmented. Colours comes off exactly like how it looked in the tube
- Has a total of 22 shades! That means a lot of colour options
- Affordable. Ok, to me, this is not cheap because the local distributors marked up the price a lot more and I had to get it at $16.90 each. But for those of you who can get it at $6 (According to the website), lucky you!!
- Tokyo is such a natural and complimenting colour for me! Looks like I don’t have much lip product on
- Slightly dry for sensitive lips like mine. I have to make sure I apply a good layer of lip balm (and let it stay on the lip long enough to be absorbed) before using it. To be fair, I always have dry lips and I constantly need to reapply lip balm; so it could just be my lips. For those of you with normal lips, you will be happy to know this product isn’t provokingly dry :D
- Dryness tends to emphasize and settles into the lines
- Does not last as well as I would like to. I’ve worn this to a couple of Photo-shoots and found the colours either don’t last or doesn’t really show up on photographs. Then again, It could be me licking my lips/eating too much or because Tokyo is such a natural looking colour that it blends in.
I like it ! Despite the cons I said, I still like it. I look forward to slowly acquiring more of it!
Name: Peri’s Tint Water (6.5ml)
Bought from: Qoo10
My Colour: 01 Cherry Juice
- Stains instantly
- Good pigmentation
- You can layer the colours
- Relatively long wearing and waterproof. However it will not withstand a meal
- Very affordable!
- Easy to use
- Multi purpose. You can use this as a cheek tint too
- Cute packaging
- Dries too fast so you have to blend it out very fast
- Wears off patchy.
Again, I actually like it. I’ve only always used this for the ombre lip look, so my review might not be entirely fair to this product. But as a stain with a water texture, I like how flexible it can be used. I can overlay it on top of another lipstick for the ombre effect, I can use it by itself as a lip stick or I can use it to modify the colour of another lipstick. I can also use this as a blush!