May 19, 2016

Review: Belif Peat Miracle Revital Mask

Name: Belif Peat Miracle Revital Mask
Price: SGD$58.40 (Qoo10)
Volume: 50gm (Jar)
Rating: 3.5/5

I met up with an old friend recently and she passed a few sachets to me. They were Belief’s Peat miracle Revital Masks, a skincare line from Korea that focus on it’s use of natural ingredients and honest products. While I’m not big on Mud masks due to my sensitive skin, there are days where I need them to fight the gunk in my pores.

 

belief peat mask

 

Product Info

According to Belif’s website, the peat mask is described as “ Creamy clay wash off type mask which carries original Peat, a result of numerous herbs fermented for 5 thousand years. It brings back youth to the skin, and tightens the loosened pores.”

The site also claims the product does not include “ Mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, synthetic preservatives, animal origin ingredients.”. An information fans of the furry tribe and people with sensitive skin would welcome.

 

Package & Price

Since I’m only using the trial sachet, I don’t have the full jar to review. But from the photographs and reviews online, they seem to be regular jars with wide opening for easy product access. At more than SGD$50, the price point is pretty staggering for a 50ml jar. Some bloggers have commented that a little goes a long way -  which sorta evens out the cost. I’m not too sure about that but I guess you can take it that way too.


 

Super lovely @zavei gave me omiyage from Japan ! #gudetama candy looks good XD

A photo posted by Kaika (@elpheal) on

 

Texture

The masque is pale green in colour, light, creamy and glides onto the skin effortlessly. Unlike the Laneige White Plus Renew Purifying Mask which though creamy, tends to be on the thick side. This one feels very floaty and smoothing it out is a piece of cake. It covers the pores seamlessly and feels comfortable on the skin. No burning sensation or dryness from the mask was observed.

 

IMG_2683

 

Effects

The company recommends the mask stay on your face for around 10 minutes but I usually let it sit longer. In fact, I accidentally let it sit on my face for more than 40 minutes last night =X.

 

IMG_2687

 

Because the cream is not very viscose, it’s hard to pile the product on. That allows the mask to dry elegantly without any flaking. The gaping holes on my face is the prints of my glasses, which I really shouldn’t be wearing but I want to, so there.

Even after leaving it on for more than 40 minutes, my skin didn’t feel dry or taut - which is amazing. My skin feels clean and refreshed, even mysteriously moisturised after the mask. I usually follow up with a hydrating sheet mask for better results but Belif’s Peat Miracle Revital Mask is a product that can stand on it’s own.

The only downside of it’s gentleness was the subpar detoxing effect. I don’t feel like it flushed out my pores as much as I hope it would as I continue to see obvious whiteheads and blackheads on my nose.

 

Conclusion

I’m a little on the fence here as while I love the subtleness of the product and how nice it left my skin. The hefty price tag scares me, especially given how averagely it delivers the pore cleansing function. You can probably get cleaner pores with a $2 Daiso charcoal mask but of course, the upside of Belief’s product is their committment to honest products and natural ingredients. And that assurance is something else all together.

 

The Belif Peat Miracle Revital Mask leaves the face feeling clean and refreshed without stripping it of moisturise. I think this product is awesome for individuals with extremely dry and sensitive skin who is too scared to do anything to your skin for fear of jeopardising it. The peat mask does not irritate, cleans the pores fairly well and leaves the skin moisturised. If this is the type of product you’re seeking, I guess this jar is for you. For me, I’d probably need a slashing sale to purchase my own jar.

2 comments:

origin clinic said...

Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
skin rejuvenation treatment in hyderabad
skin rejuvenation clinics in hyderabad
acne treatment in hyderabad
acne treatment clinics in Hyderabad
wart removal treatment
wart removal treatment in hyderabad

David Lauridson said...

Her MakeUp Weapons includes a range of 14 multi-functional and makeup artist quality brushes, diamante-encrusted lash curler, brush cleansing bar and bio glitters have also been given the tick of approval from Four Paws Australia, accepting the brand into the International Fur Free Retailer Program.
Makeup brushes