May 27, 2016

Review: Etude House Pure Water Baobab Moist Cream

Name: Etude House Pure Water Baobab Moist Cream
Price: SGD$16.7 (Qoo10)
Volume: 60ml
Rating: 4.5/5

My skin was going through a painful recovery earlier this february. My skin has a history of sensitivity and is easily affected by environmental elements so I wasn't sure what happened at first. Thankfully, I soon narrowed it down to a facial cleansing brush I had purchased recently. It worked fabulously the first few days but after a week, my skin suddenly became red, irritated and painful. Applying my usual Hada Labo Koi Gokujyun Whitening moisturiser and all my other skin care products over my irritated skin was scorching. I had in my naivety, over scrubbed my face which in turn, caused the skin to be irritated, agitated and sore. I quickly ceased usage after realisation.

Soon after, a friend casually passed me a jar of Etude House's BabBao Moist Cream insisting it is very hydrating and will help my condition. The sample jar she passed me lasted me slightly more than a week. I liked it enough to get myself a full sized Jar when I went to Korea last month. 

  IMG_2804

 

 

Product Info & Ingredient lists

As stated in Etude House’s official website, the Baobab Moist Cream is a “The mild moisturizing gel cream revitalizes and fills up the skin with its rich moisture.”. It should be used as the last step of skincare. Just “dispense a certain amount and gently massage from inner to outer areas of face, lightly patting to absorb remaining contents.”

 

bc67516f-28e6-481a-8fe1-0425d68da012

 

Ingredients used: WATER, ADANSONIA DIGITATA FRUIT EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, MORINGA PTERYGOSPERMA SEED EXTRACT, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TREHALOSE, HYDROLYZED ADANSONIA DIGITATA EXTRACT, PRUNUS MUME FRUIT EXTRACT, NASTURTIUM OFFICINALE EXTRACT, NELU

 

 

Packaging 

The full sized jar of moist cream is pink and white coloured with an absolutely cute and girlish design. The lid has a cursive design and everything is made of lightweight plastic. I absolutely adore the packaging for it’s simplistic yet girlish appeal. My only dig is I foresee difficulty in digging left over products out from the jar given the smaller opening. But since the product isn’t very viscose, I’m sure that problem can be solved easily.

  IMG_2806

 

 

Price point 

Going at $22, it is slightly more expensive in Singapore’s brick and mortar store. However Etude house is generally targeted towards the younger consumers and so tend to have more affordable price tags. Qoo10 sells the full jar (60ml) for just $16.70 – that’s pretty affordable in my books!

 

Texture

The product is a gel type cream. It goes onto the skin very smoothly and is absorbed easily. Unlike many gel moisturiser, Etude house's babbao cream  doesn't leave the skin greasy or sticky. 

 

IMG_2847

 

 

Effects 

Deeply hydrates the skin without greasiness. When the skin is well hydrated, it also looks slightly brighter and healthier. When my skin was feeling scratched due to the facial cleansing brush, this gel moisturiser did not aggravate the condition and no uncomfortable stingy-ness was observed when applied. 

baobab water cream_before n after

I tried my skin moisture detection device on the skin but the readings were not very satisfying and kept fluctuating. I’m not sure if the problem lies with the device or my skin. But these information are for your reference.

 

IMG_2861IMG_2862IMG_2853IMG_2859

 

Conclusion

Needless to say, I love this product! I'm surprised that babbao water actually retained more moisture than my Hada Labo moisturisers that uses Hyaluronic acids. I have no idea if it’s just psychological reassurance or what but I find myself reaching for this a lot more than my Hada Labo moisturisers.

This product seems to quench my skin's thirst instantly and the hydration last for a pretty long time. I bought a jar of Baobab water when I was in Korea and continued to use it through out the trip. Despite the coldness of the early spring with some nights plunging below 10 degrees, I think this product kept my skin fairly moist.  In humid Singapore, just this alone is enough for the night. I think this product would be good for people with dehydrates skin or oily skin as it moisturise without greasiness. The affordable pricetag makes it easier for me to recommend it’s purchase too hehe!

No comments: