Jan 13, 2017

Review : Innisfree Super Volcanic pore clay mask (first impression)

Name: Innisfree Super Volcanic pore clay mask
Retail price: SGD$22.60 (full size)
Volume: 100ml
Rating: 3/5


I've been breaking out non-stop after my first trial with the Cledbel face lifting mask and serum. It might not be the product that's against my skin but rather my skin itself being sensitive for no good reasons. But my skin has been feeling dehydrated, dry and congested recently. I've even taken to applying a hydrating face mask almost every night to combat the acne and skin discomfort.



Decided to give this mud mask a try since I was so impressed by Belif's mud mask the last time I tried it. Maybe this would become my holy grail, who knows? I've only ever used this product once because it's a sample and I can only have one try with it xD.




Packaging

From the pictures online, the jar that the product comes in look intricate yet classy. A dark body topped with an intricately designed brass gold lid. I'd much preferred for it to be stored in a squeeze tube or dispenser because digging your fingers into the jar is a potential hygiene issue. Don't really have any other flake with the packaging other than that.


Photo from Innisfree Official Website


Texture & Application

The product was dense and dry and trying to smooth it evenly over my pores was close to impossible; it dries too fast. Spreading it on my face felt like I was playing a light game of tug-of-war. The texture was definitely far below my expectations. I wonder is it because I got a faulty sample?


I managed to cover most of my pores though some pesky ones still peaked through. If you're wondering why am I so uptight with coverage, it's because I'm of the opinion that for the mask to clear my pores, it should minimally be able to cover it first. How else is it supposed to work its magic xD?

Effect

It only took a few minutes for my skin to cry out to me. You are supposed to leave it on the skin for 10 minutes and I barely made it - skin feel scratchy, hot and dry.

After washing the mask off, I notice red splotches on different parts of my face. They are most noticeable on the problem areas.


My skin felt and looked worse after the clay mask and I had to quickly follow it up with Insolution's Aloe Vera Repair mask.

Conclusion

Overall, I'm not impressed. It might be a good product for someone with extremely oily skin as the volcanic clay did a pretty good job of sucking oil. But people with sensitive and problem skin should probably stay away from it as it can aggravate your condition. Of course, everyone will probably have a different experience so what didn't work for me might work for you.

No comments: